In 2003, the statue of Smurfette and Potige Smurf was unveiled.
The Smurfs are little blue creatures devised by Brussels Peyo. After their debut in the comic album 'The Flute with Six Smurfs' (1958) from the series 'Johan & Pierewiet' in 1963 the first comic of the Smurfs came out: 'De Zwarte Smurfen'. The Smurfs became really popular when the cartoon series came on the pipe in 1981.
Artist: Monique Mol
Location: Zeedijk at the Alexandre Ponchonstraat